1. Fresh flowers @ Whole Foods, smells AH-mazing!
2. My 1st French braid attempt ever….I know, I know…bang braids don’t look good on me so I chose a mini braid in the middle of my noggin instead…..fun for Summer.
3. Dave goofin off in the kitchen Friday night as we cooked together 🙂
4. Delicious fried chicken wings and drummies that Dave made
5. FAIL!!! This is what we get for following a recipe and not going with our instincts (or Dave’s I should say) Mexican Mac & Cheese turned out NO BUENO 😦
6. Crawfish Boil II at Colin’s sister’s house….get your crawfish at Stuffed (so legit)
7. Dave & I after round 1 of crawfish
8. My gum of choice for Cinco de Mayo
9. Brandy & I chatting over ice cold Lonestar
10. Abbey lovin on me, whether I like or not!
11. Me bein a girl in front of the mirror on Sunday afternoon.
How was your weekend? Anything fun for Cinco de Mayo??
I wish we were getting rain and also that I had a blooming garden full of gorgeous flowers….instead I crafted up a little “Cinco de Mayo” inspired flower garland to hang above our doorway. These are the fake kind that need zero care and live forever…the garland makes me smile & crave a chilled Mexican Martini….mmmmmm!
Salt or No Salt?
First, gather your supplies….a variety of colorful silk flowers, hot glue gun, spool of colorful cord & wire cutters
Take the flowers off of the stems…..using the wire cutters, cut off the plastic edge that held the flower onto the stem so that you have a flatter surface to add the glue, begin randomly gluing the flowers in bunches of 3 onto the cord…..glue as many as you like until the garland is the length that you want
Then find a place to hang your festive garland! I chose our outside doorway,
Poor Dave has to duck under it to avoid knocking it down
the garland was a bit bare and I was out of flowers so I added a strand of hot pink streamer!
Hope you have a festive Cinco de Mayo!