Hope you had a splendid weekend! We moved, organized, cleaned & everything else involving saying Adios to our apartment and Howdy to our first house! Yippee! Can you tell I’m excited 🙂
No yummy food pics to post this time around….but a pic or two of our lovely new dining furniture which will soon be the spot where many amazing meals are shared!!! Yay for furniture shopping….
1. All cleaned out and ready for the next apt dwellers….Bye Bye apartment….memories were made here!
2. I spent some time organizing my embarrassingly large nail polish collection….wow
3. This is our new dining set & I can’t wait to style it up!
4. Dave worked awhile getting it all set up….he loves it!
5. Ta-Da! Next up, styling and wall decor!
6. A special shout out to Starbucks for getting us through the move and this crazy season of our lives!
What did you do over the weekend?
Who knew you could style an “ow-ee” these days….not me, until now….after applying the final coat of sealant to our stained concrete floors (it was my turn), I discovered a painful little blister that developed – OUCH. I needed a band-aid so I ran into Target and found these cute and enticingly packaged band-aids by Cynthia Rowley. So.much.fun.
Beats the heck out of the ugly yellow ones!
Filed under Fashion, Random
Let the home projects begin….
1. Blended up my new favorite smoothie to get my energy flowing for a long day of painting on Saturday.
2. & 3. Kitchen & Dining room went from funky salmon color to “Shiny Luster” a cross between white and gray
4. Living area went from granny gold to “Loft Space” a cross between blue and gray
5. Scarlett decided to dig a hole looking for cool mud, I thought she’d make a cute piece of art…..*no animals were harmed during (or after) this photo shoot
6. Delightful pear & ginger scented Method hand soap in this charming designed print by Orla Kiely @ Target.
We are enjoying our home renovations for now….I’m sure it will get old soon, it’s amazing what paint can do…next up recessed lighting! (We’ll be hiring out for that one!)
Hope you had a relaxing weekend, I’m jelly!
Such a productive weekend & many more in our future!
1. & 2. Dave & I celebrated our first home with Gwen on Friday
@ Max’s Wine Dive…we shared a bunch of yummy food (more on that later)
The fried chicken is some of the tastiest & love the collard greens, perfectly cooked!
3. Our 1st visit to Home Depot as home owners….so domesticated!
4. & 5. We had a cute little picnic on our living room floor after watering the yard. Abbey & Scarlett LOVE the backyard!
6. Sunday, Bonnie stopped by for a tour of new abode & we went to lunch @ Sap’s (used to be Madam Mam’s but apparently divorce happened) this Thai soup was light and flavorful.
I hope you had a wonderful weekend….Happy Monday!
It’s almost complete! We are headed to part 1 of closing on our 1st Home, signing & etc….part 2 will be tomorrow to pick up our keys. So Exciting!
In the meantime, my last home-made (for our apt door anyway) cheesy door ornament 😉
A surprise visit from my little brother turned our weekend of packing blahs into a great time!
We had to skip out/cancel on 4 different events with friends to keep our packing plan & moving budget on track, so I was expecting a bit of a lame weekend.
There’s nothing like last minute mini-vacay plans to turn things around…I’m thankful we were able to spend some time with my brother!!
1. Torchy’s Tacos Fix for Friday night’s dinner
2. Triple berry smoothie to gear us up for packing
3. Mr. Dave @ Doc’s on South Congress
4. 2 large, amazingly delicious pizzas from Home Slice, try the Italian Sausage w/garlic
5. Me & my little brother Juan…..I love him!
How’d you spend your weekend?