The food the food, it’s ALL about the food (& fashion too). There is so much amazing food in NYC, we stumbled upon the most delicious meal we had in NYC when visiting this place…
Dave loves the show Oddities and when he found out we were staying nearby we had to pop in. When we arrived they were closed for 20 minutes for filming and the woman on door watch recommended that we grab a bite at Xi’an Famous Foods and OMG I’m soooo happy we did. Mostly because now Dave cannot deny his love and desire to return to NYC, if for nothing else, this AMAZING food. They’ve gotten rave reviews from Athony Bourdain along with others. We tried two amazing dishes pictured below. The spicy hot oil seared hand-ripped noodles and our favorite dish ever, the stewed pork burger which is OMG amazing! Please do yourself and your taste buds a favor and try this place the next time you visit NYC!
Such a productive weekend & many more in our future!
1. & 2. Dave & I celebrated our first home with Gwen on Friday
@ Max’s Wine Dive…we shared a bunch of yummy food (more on that later)
The fried chicken is some of the tastiest & love the collard greens, perfectly cooked!
3. Our 1st visit to Home Depot as home owners….so domesticated!
4. & 5. We had a cute little picnic on our living room floor after watering the yard. Abbey & Scarlett LOVE the backyard!
6. Sunday, Bonnie stopped by for a tour of new abode & we went to lunch @ Sap’s (used to be Madam Mam’s but apparently divorce happened) this Thai soup was light and flavorful.
I hope you had a wonderful weekend….Happy Monday!
A surprise visit from my little brother turned our weekend of packing blahs into a great time!
We had to skip out/cancel on 4 different events with friends to keep our packing plan & moving budget on track, so I was expecting a bit of a lame weekend.
There’s nothing like last minute mini-vacay plans to turn things around…I’m thankful we were able to spend some time with my brother!!
1. Torchy’s Tacos Fix for Friday night’s dinner
2. Triple berry smoothie to gear us up for packing
3. Mr. Dave @ Doc’s on South Congress
4. 2 large, amazingly delicious pizzas from Home Slice, try the Italian Sausage w/garlic
5. Me & my little brother Juan…..I love him!
How’d you spend your weekend?
1. 2. & 3. Justine’s
w/ Amanda, we laughed & learned how to eat steamed artichokes via google….classic! & it was
D-lish…..nevermind the 2 little ten year old girls who set at table next to us and knew EXACTLY how to eat these artichokes 🙂
Lillet cocktail w/ St. Germaine – mmmm
We shared the “Royale with Cheese” so flavorful & the fries!!
4. Paula’s havin a baby….snips & snails or sugar & spice…..time will tell (I think it’s a boy!)
5. & 6. Red’s Porch
w/ Dave & Bonnie for dinner & drinks…Red’s Fancy.
7. Pretty flowers from my Mr.
How was your weekend? Eat anywhere yum?
There goes another food filled weekend….
Told ya so!
1. We FINALLY tried Lucy’s Fried Chicken
2. The fried chicken, sad to say the breading was SOOOOOOO salty….it’s bad when Dave complains about salt
3. Collard greens, stole the show….mac & cheese, next please
4. I had the Lucy Basilia (Dripping Springs Vodka, Honey, Lemon Juice, Basil Leaves & Blackberry)…mmmmm
& Dave had an Austin Beer Works – Pearl Snap.
Although we weren’t thrilled with our first visit, Lucy’s has a playful menu…we will be back for another try…maybe for lunch….I’d like to try the “Shoofly” pie.
5. Cajun crab cakes from the seafood counter at Whole Foods
6. Dave made Mr. B’s BBQ shrimp…..we’re missing New Orleans, can you tell?
What yummy goodness did you enjoy over the weekend?
ORDER THIS KIND….
CILANTRO LIME ICE CREAM..I LOVE THIS PLACE, CAN’T WAIT TO TRY MORE FLAVORS!