It’s been a long 8 months and we’re so excited for this college football season to begin! You can feel the spirit in the air….the anticipation of watching your favorite team take the field to give us, the fans, what we’re dying to have…a WIN, one game at a time.
As we move into another football season, I have to say my emotions are in an interesting place. Since about mid-college I’ve had strong negative emotions towards the Texas Longhorns…..not sure if it’s the loud obnoxious fans (I totally know that all teams have them) or the fact that they seem to always have the cream of the crop players over my Red Raiders. These emotions have caused several ugly arguments between Dave and I & even with myself and close friends. Sometime last season, I started to realize that I need to let these negative emotions go so I can enjoy the many seasons ahead with my husband….and not allow the passion that I have for my college football team to cause a true divide in my head, heart & household.
So it’s time people. Time to enjoy the positivity that college football brings. Now, you won’t see me wearing burnt orange or hear me singing the Texas Fight song, however, I have found a tiny spot in my heart (for the love of my husband and in-laws ) for the Texas Longhorns. (Shhhh! Now don’t tell my dad…he needs to hear this from me face to face….he won’t see this bc he has no clue what a blog is).
Best of luck to the Texas Tech Red Raiders (my alma-mater) & of course to the Texas Longhorns (please keep our home a happy one!)
The only place there is a divide is here on this flag:
Happy College Football Season to all!
Hope you had a splendid weekend! We moved, organized, cleaned & everything else involving saying Adios to our apartment and Howdy to our first house! Yippee! Can you tell I’m excited 🙂
No yummy food pics to post this time around….but a pic or two of our lovely new dining furniture which will soon be the spot where many amazing meals are shared!!! Yay for furniture shopping….
1. All cleaned out and ready for the next apt dwellers….Bye Bye apartment….memories were made here!
2. I spent some time organizing my embarrassingly large nail polish collection….wow
3. This is our new dining set & I can’t wait to style it up!
4. Dave worked awhile getting it all set up….he loves it!
5. Ta-Da! Next up, styling and wall decor!
6. A special shout out to Starbucks for getting us through the move and this crazy season of our lives!
What did you do over the weekend?
Who knew you could style an “ow-ee” these days….not me, until now….after applying the final coat of sealant to our stained concrete floors (it was my turn), I discovered a painful little blister that developed – OUCH. I needed a band-aid so I ran into Target and found these cute and enticingly packaged band-aids by Cynthia Rowley. So.much.fun.
Beats the heck out of the ugly yellow ones!
Filed under Fashion, Random
Let the home projects begin….
1. Blended up my new favorite smoothie to get my energy flowing for a long day of painting on Saturday.
2. & 3. Kitchen & Dining room went from funky salmon color to “Shiny Luster” a cross between white and gray
4. Living area went from granny gold to “Loft Space” a cross between blue and gray
5. Scarlett decided to dig a hole looking for cool mud, I thought she’d make a cute piece of art…..*no animals were harmed during (or after) this photo shoot
6. Delightful pear & ginger scented Method hand soap in this charming designed print by Orla Kiely @ Target.
We are enjoying our home renovations for now….I’m sure it will get old soon, it’s amazing what paint can do…next up recessed lighting! (We’ll be hiring out for that one!)
Hope you had a relaxing weekend, I’m jelly!
Such a productive weekend & many more in our future!
1. & 2. Dave & I celebrated our first home with Gwen on Friday
@ Max’s Wine Dive…we shared a bunch of yummy food (more on that later)
The fried chicken is some of the tastiest & love the collard greens, perfectly cooked!
3. Our 1st visit to Home Depot as home owners….so domesticated!
4. & 5. We had a cute little picnic on our living room floor after watering the yard. Abbey & Scarlett LOVE the backyard!
6. Sunday, Bonnie stopped by for a tour of new abode & we went to lunch @ Sap’s (used to be Madam Mam’s but apparently divorce happened) this Thai soup was light and flavorful.
I hope you had a wonderful weekend….Happy Monday!
It’s almost complete! We are headed to part 1 of closing on our 1st Home, signing & etc….part 2 will be tomorrow to pick up our keys. So Exciting!
In the meantime, my last home-made (for our apt door anyway) cheesy door ornament 😉