This is a VERY busy season in our lives, which explains the 3 posts/week over pretty much the duration of having this blog…..I’d love to commit more time to this here hobby (like 4-5 posts/week)…we’ll see….I’m sure life is going to slow down soon (HA!) Here’s what we were up to this weekend…
1. Dave sprained his ankle on Wednesday playing basketball, first time EVER and now he gets to sport this lovely legwear!
2. Matinee to see “Batman The Dark Knight Rises” this bike was my FAVE, where can I get one? 2 thumbs up on the movie!
3. Scarlett, my little old lady, such a cute pose.
4. Moroccan chicken (made by Dave) with garlic couscous & roasted broccoli with bell peppers (made by moi)…so simple and TASTE-EEE
5. Celebrating Brandy Agee @ Clive Bar on Saturday….Happy Birthday my friend!
6. Sunday for lunch Dave made grilled chicken with fresh homemade basil pesto, bacon, mixed greens & tomato on garlic sourdough…..YUM!
How’d you spend your weekend?
……..the packing. The least exciting part of moving, however, we are looking forward to owning our 1st home!!!!
1. 2. & 3. Justine’s
w/ Amanda, we laughed & learned how to eat steamed artichokes via google….classic! & it was
D-lish…..nevermind the 2 little ten year old girls who set at table next to us and knew EXACTLY how to eat these artichokes 🙂
Lillet cocktail w/ St. Germaine – mmmm
We shared the “Royale with Cheese” so flavorful & the fries!!
4. Paula’s havin a baby….snips & snails or sugar & spice…..time will tell (I think it’s a boy!)
5. & 6. Red’s Porch
w/ Dave & Bonnie for dinner & drinks…Red’s Fancy.
7. Pretty flowers from my Mr.
How was your weekend? Eat anywhere yum?
I’m not the head Chef around these parts; I’m typically the Sous Chef to Dave or the occasional dessert maker/baker gal. Recently I decided to play Chef and I’m kinda proud of myself…..
I should’ve taken a few more photos but we were hungry. I saw a quick photo titled “Salmon wrapped in prosciutto” somewhere online and decided I’d try just that.
I baked it in the oven along with a mix of fresh veggies (40 mins for the veggies at 375 & 20 mins for the salmon). It was good and healthy!! I do need to work on plate presentation.
What do you serve with your roasted veggies?
The weekend went like this….
1, 2 & 3. My Friend Denise is weeks away from having her baby boy so we celebrated! Katie played awesome hostess and created an adorable spread.
4. Dave grilled chicken with a side of Thai peanut sauce for dippin and I made a brussel sprout stir fry (using THIS recipe)
5. Sunday I played Auntie & went to the park and Chuck E Cheese with my MOL and 2 of my favorite nephews!
6. & Sunday was “National Ice Cream Day” so we stopped by Lick for a few scoops of ice cream….Dave had the Hill Country Honey & Vanilla Bean….I had one scoop of that & a scoop of Mexican Marigold with Blueberry Swirl in a cone….mmmmmmm!
Dave spent the day on Sunday supporting John Mueller and hoping for the best with his test results, thoughts & prayers….& Yummy BBQ!
How was your weekend? Did you any ice-cream?
SOOOOOO, FINALLY…….a much needed visitor came to say Hello……
Austin, TX has seen multiple days of rain showers…..it’s been AWESOME…….
& RAIN, COME BACK AGAIN!!!
There goes another food filled weekend….
Told ya so!
1. We FINALLY tried Lucy’s Fried Chicken
2. The fried chicken, sad to say the breading was SOOOOOOO salty….it’s bad when Dave complains about salt
3. Collard greens, stole the show….mac & cheese, next please
4. I had the Lucy Basilia (Dripping Springs Vodka, Honey, Lemon Juice, Basil Leaves & Blackberry)…mmmmm
& Dave had an Austin Beer Works – Pearl Snap.
Although we weren’t thrilled with our first visit, Lucy’s has a playful menu…we will be back for another try…maybe for lunch….I’d like to try the “Shoofly” pie.
5. Cajun crab cakes from the seafood counter at Whole Foods
6. Dave made Mr. B’s BBQ shrimp…..we’re missing New Orleans, can you tell?
What yummy goodness did you enjoy over the weekend?