As I mentioned yesterday, I really wanted to go to a movie today and bake some pies but my clothing needed tending to 🙂 Let’s just say I compromised and worked a little and played a little too!
We drove to south Austin and visited a few of our “old” places:
We stopped by a donut shop to get one of my favorite teas and they quit selling it 😦 I’ve had the hardest time finding this tea, it’s called Honest Tea and it’s a green tea with just a hint of honey….the search continues! I couldn’t resist a handful of donut holes!
We had to stop by Homegoods and take a look, they should open a central or North Austin store!
Every New Years Day, or sometime in January, I’ve made a tradition to bake these mini-blueberry pies….so I did it today!
Here’s the recipe I followed from My Life Is Yummy blog:
2. Roll out small balls of pre-made pie crust and line the cupcake tin with the dough.
4. Bake for 20 minutes at 400°. Reduce heat to 300°F and bake for another 20 min until juices are bubbling.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- To Make Pastry: Cream butter or margarine and cream cheese. Add flour and mix well. Make into 48 balls; place one ball in each cup of a mini tart pan. Use your fingers or a tart tamper to press out into a tart shell.
- To Make Filling: Break the eggs, but do not beat. Add sugar, melted butter, salt, vanilla and pecans. Mix well. Fill the tart shells. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for about 30 minutes or until delicately browned.